Ex ADF / NZDF Maritime Communications Field Technician
5 July 2018
We are looking for a talented Australian or New Zealand Defence Force communications technician to join our Sydney-based field service team.
You will receive extensive on-the job and OEM technical training and valuable experience in this interesting and varied role. If you are a high-achieving Navy, Army or Airforce technician who is thinking about, or has recently transitioned into the civilian workforce, and if you meet the following essential criteria, then we would love to hear from you:
- At least 6 years in a communications technical role within Australian or NZ Defence
- Great team, customer and communication skills including excellent written and verbal English
- Problem solver with outstanding analysis and fault-finding skills and experience
- Excellent technical understanding of electronic and mechanical systems, especially RF communications and associated marine electronics
- Ability and willingness to travel worldwide, sometimes at short notice
- Available to start now or within 3 months
This interesting and varied technology job will entail installing, commissioning, servicing and supporting of satellite, IT and A/V equipment on large private yachts, cruise ships, military and government vessels, commercial vessels and offshore facilities, working to the very highest professional standards.
Based in Sydney, your work will be on vessels located around Australia, Asia Pacific and in other regions of the world.
You'll have a positive attitude, be resourceful and enjoy the challenge of working independently in remote ports and occasionally at sea. You must also be comfortable with small aircraft and helicopter flight and small boat transfers, working at heights and being away from home. Travel is unlikely to exceed 120 days per year with each trip typically lasting between 2 and 14 days. You'll receive extensive on-the-job training, especially during the initial months.
Examples of additional highly desirable skills, experience and qualifications include:
- Installation, commissioning and fault finding of marine stabilised satellite systems
- Satellite antenna systems including modems, SSPAs, cabling etc
- Marine stabilised antenna OEM qualifications
- Satellite TV distribution systems experience
- Sea time as a professional mariner
- Current offshore BOSIET or other similar training
- Experience in one or all of our key markets of super yachting, cruise ships and oil and gas
- Networking and IT experience
- Technical help desk and support skills and experience
- Appropriate H&S qualifications
- A passion for technology, possibly demonstrated through your hobbies and pastimes
An attractive salary and generous annual leave package will be offered to the right candidate. If you meet the pre-requisites above, we would like to hear from you.
For more information about us and what we do, please check out our website at http://www.acutec.com.au and contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
If you are ready to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org attaching your up-to-date resume. In your covering email, you must address each of the list of essential requirements in order to be considered. Your expression of interest, questions and any application will be treated in confidence. We look forward to hearing from you!