Maritime Field Engineer - Europe Based
There is extensive travel in this interesting and varied technology role. You'll be installing, commissioning, servicing and supporting complex satellite, IT and A/V systems on cruise ships, private yachts, commercial vessels and offshore facilities in Europe and elsewhere in the world. If you have great attention to detail, and a proven ability to deliver the highest quality work in the demanding professional maritime industry then we would love to hear from you.
Based in our Barcelona or Palma de Mallorca offices, your field work will be on vessels located all over Europe and in other regions around the world. We will also consider applications from 100% remote workers. You'll be resourceful and enjoy the challenge of working independently in port and at sea. You must also be comfortable with small aircraft and helicopter and small boat transfers, working at heights and being away from home for between one and four weeks at a time.
To keep you (and us) at the top of the game, you'll receive initial and on-going classroom, online and on-the-job training as well as other career development opportunities. If you aren't already, then we want to help you develop to become the best in the industry.
The following skills and experience are essential:
- Minimum 3 years experience installing, commissioning and fault finding of commercial marine stabilised VSAT and TVRO, Ku, Ka and C band products
- Interest in working with the latest MEO, LEO and GEO satellite systems
- Outstanding fault finding skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Satellite TDMA networks such as iDirect or Newtec
- Data and Voice networking
- RF fault finding and use of test equipment such as spectrum analysers
- Other marine electronics equipment
- Good mechanical, electrical and other technical aptitude to assist with installation and fault finding work
- Ability and willingness to travel in Europe and worldwide
- Appropriate industry or university qualifications
- You must have the right to live and work in the EU
Examples of additional highly desirable skills, experience and qualifications include:
- Cobham, Intellian and/or Orbit marine stabilised antenna OEM qualifications
- Satellite TV distribution systems experience
- Crestron automation systems
- Sea time as a professional mariner
- Military communications technical experience
- Experience in one or all of our key markets of super yachting, cruise ships and oil and gas
- In depth networking and IT experience
- Technical help desk and support skills
An attractive salary package and other benefits will be offered to the right candidates. It may be possible to assist with visas for any particularly capable and suitably qualified people who do not have the right to work in the EU.
If you would like to apply then please email your resume and covering email to email@example.com. In your email, please confirm that you have the right to live and work in the EU and that you meet all of the essential criteria. Also please tell us why you would be a great choice for this job. Your expression of interest will be treated in confidence.